CODE OF CONDUCT FOR YOUTH PLAYERS
- Players must accept success, failure, victory and defeat equally.
- Players must not take banned substances or use banned techniques.
- Players must not swear or use inappropriate language.
- Players must avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time wasting.
- Players must make every effort to develop their own sporting abilities.
- Players must make every effort consistent with fair play and the laws of the game to help his or her own team win.
- Players must know and abide by the laws, rules and spirit of the game and the competition rules.
- Players must accept the decision of the match official without protest and avoid words or actions that may mislead a match official.
- Players must treat opponents, team mates, officials and spectators with due respect at all times, irrespective of the result.
- Players must abide by the instructions given by the manager or coach. Listen when he or she is speaking. If you do not understand then ask.
- Players must shake hands with the opposing team at the end of the game win or lose.
- Players must not overreact when your team scores a goal.
- Players who are going to be absent from training or games must inform their manager or coach.
- Players with injuries must inform their manager or coach.
- Players must wear appropriate clothing and equipment at all training and match sessions.
- Players will adhere to the FA Respect Policy
- Players must not engage in public criticism of match officials, opponents, team mates, spectators, managers, coaches or the club at any time.
Remember you are representing Valley Green Youth Football Club so players must be on their best behaviour at all times.