CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MANAGERS
- Managers/Coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of each player and treat equally.
- Managers/Coaches must place the wellbeing and safety of each player above all other considerations.
- A proper First Aid Kit must be carried to any training or matches that are organised. Any equipment used must be replaced as soon as possible.
- Managers/Coaches must develop an appropriate working relationship with each player based on mutual trust and respect.
- Managers/Coaches must ensure that they are conversable with the laws of the game and the rules of all competitions and leagues in which their team competes.
- Managers/Coaches must ensure their teams abide by all rules of leagues or competitions in which they complete. This also applies to all governing bodies.
- Managers/Coaches must not seek to obtain personal benefit or reward in connection with any player or competition.
- Managers/Coaches must encourage and guide players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
- Managers/Coaches must ensure that the activities they direct or advocate are appropriate for the age, maturity, experience and ability of players.
- Managers/Coaches must co-operate with other specialists in the best interest of the players.
- Managers/Coaches are responsible for the conduct of parents and spectators at matches and training sessions.
- Managers/Coaches must not use or tolerate abusive or inappropriate language.
- Managers/Coaches must ensure no approach is made to a child or the parents of the child of another team squad with the aim of discussing a transfer to another squad within Valley Green without speaking to the squad Manager and Committee first.
- Managers/Coaches must look for aspects to praise, praise good behaviour quickly to show that they value it and praise effort and performance more than results.
- Managers/Coaches must give players a clear idea of the behaviour expected, show consistency and help them understand rules.
- There must always be a 1:16 coaching ratio and two adults must be present at all training sessions/games.
- All monies which are collected on match days must be passed to the Club Treasurer within 7 days of the last Sunday of the month.
- Managers/Coaches must not engage in public criticism of match officials, opponents, team mates, spectators, managers, coaches or the club at any time.
19. Managers will adhere to the FA Respect Policy.